One of Clarksville Academy’s most decorated athletes in their school history has added another award to her list as today Sydneey Boykin was named the Boom Sports Media Girls Basketball Player of the Year for 2019-20.
Boykin’s awards this year included: All District, All Tournament, District Player of the Year, All Region, TN Report All State, Leaf Chronicle Player of Year, Main Street Sports County Player of the Year. In 2019-20, she averaged 15 points, 4 rebounds, 3.1 steals and 3 assists per game. She will be playing for Mercer University in Macon, GA, next year.
Boykin was the overwhelming choice on the expert panel. Here’s how the total vote looked;
• Sydneey Boykin, Clarksville Academy: 592 fan votes + 1627 expert panel votes = 2219 total votes
• Ever Walker, Rossview: 668 fan votes + 0 expert panel votes = 668 total votes
• Kaitlyn Bramlett, Stewart County: 373 fan votes + 163 expert panel votes = 535 total votes
• Cierra Bowser, Northeast: 120 fan votes + 163 expert panel votes = 283 total votes
• Jessie Knall, Harpeth: 41 fan votes + 163 expert panel votes = 204 total votes
• Callie Guidino, Sycamore: 142 fan votes + 0 expert panel votes = 142 total votes
• Dante-sha Brandt, Kenwood: 116 fan votes + 0 expert panel votes = 116 total votes
• Reagan Sutton, Sycamore: 64 fan votes + 0 expert panel votes = 64 total votes
Congratulations to all of our nominees this year!