Here’s an update on how the area girls and boys teams faired in Friday and Saturday games at Region Tournaments:
REGION 5AA GIRLS:
- Cheatham County 68, East Nashville 64 –The Lady Cubs are still playing in March, once again! Cheatham was led by Alli Douglas with 20 points and 14 rebounds. Harper Dee added 19 points.
“We were able to persevere through a hard fought contest that was very back and forth,” head coach Jim Gibbs said. “Carlie Hogan hit a big three pointer with about eight seconds remaining to force overtime. In the extra session, we were able to score early and then hit free throws to pull off (the win).”
They face their 9AA foe Westmoreland in the 6:00 game on Monday night at Maplewood.
- Maplewood 46, Sycamore 36 — The Lady War Eagles see their season end in the quarterfinals, while Maplewood advances to play White House Heritage, 64-31 winners over RePublic. Maplewood and White House Heritage play in the 7:30 PM game.
REGION 5AA BOYS:
- Sycamore 45, Maplewood 36 — Maplewood is eliminated, while the War Eagles move on to face East Nashville who eliminated Westmoreland, 76-45. Sycamore and East meet in the 6:00 PM game on Tuesday night at Maplewood.
- Hume-Fogg 64, Cheatham County 55 — The Cubs post-season run ends as does their season, while Hume-Fogg goes on to face Pearl-Cohn (who beat Harpeth, 66-27) in the 7:45 game on Tuesday night.
REGION 6AA GIRLS:
- Stewart County 52, Forrest 50 — The Lady Rebels advance to play to the semifinals on Monday night at 7:30 against Nolensville (at Community High School), Nolensville eliminated Fairview, 64-30.
- Creek Wood 69, Giles County 49 — The Lady Hawks will face Marshall County in the 6:00 PM game. Marshall County eliminated Hickman County, 45-26.
REGION 6AA BOYS:
- Community 55, Stewart County 43 — Stewart County is eliminated, while Community goes on to face Murfreesboro Central Magnet (coached by former Sycamore coach Doug Worsley) who beat Hickman County 48-47.
REGION 5AAA GIRLS:
- Lebanon 62, Clarksville High 26 — The Lady Wildcats are eliminated by a tough Lebanon team, who will face Northwest in the 6:00 PM game Monday at Springfield. Nariah Nicholson had 7 points and Mya Collins had 10 rebounds to lead CHS.
- Northwest 74, Gallatin 59 — The Lady Vikings are in the semifinals against Lebanon, as mentioned above.
- Rossview 57, Wilson Central 39 — The Lady Hawks take care of business, and will face Beech (who beat Henry County, 66-25) in the 7:30 PM game on Monday.
REGION 5AAA BOYS:
- Mt. Juliet 70, Kenwood 41 — The Knights season ends, while Mt. Juliet advances to play Clarksville High in the 6:00 game at Springfield on Tuesday night.
- Northeast 53, Gallatin 40 — Issiah Farrier had 15 points as the Eagles advance to face Station Camp (who beat Henry County, 73-59). They play at 7:45 on Tuesday at Springfield.
- Clarksville High 71, Beech 48 — CHS advances to play Mt. Juliet, as noted above.