Here are the finalists for the Golly G’s Team of the Month for August 2019.
• Harpeth High School Girls Soccer Team — The Lady Indians came out of the gate with a intent to make this the best season ever for the girls soccer program, and so far they are on point. Undefeated with one tie, Harpeth has been plagued by injuries but that has not detered them in their quest. As of today (September 10) the Alex Galistel-led team is 7-0-1, with greater goals in their sights.
• Stewart County Golf Team — It’s been a fantastic season so far for the Golf Rebels. The girls team is 14-7, with all of their losses coming against much bigger schools. The boys team is 23-2-1, and seem destined for a run in the state tournament. Congrats to girls coach, Dave Welker, and boys coach, Nicholas Wallace, and their achievements so far.
• Northwest High School Football Team — The Vikings have seen a seismic shift in their culture and there is a growing belief in this team that they have something special. Now 3-0 for the first time since 2003, Northwest has some big challenges in September but the momentum is there for Neil Furnish’s squad! Look out for the Green and Gold!
Here’s a reminder of the rules and prize:
The team will be honored with an ice cream party at the Golly G’s Ice Cream & Sweets location of their choice. Additionally, the person who submitted the winning nomination will be honored at the party as well (along with five of their friends or family members). We will post the winning nomination later.
Here is the nomination and selection process:
(1) Nominations could come from anyone–fans, players, family of players, coaches, athletic directors, mascots… they just had to be a high school team currently playing (a fall sport, in other words). Had to be a school we currently cover in Montgomery, Cheatham or Stewart County.
(2) To nominate a team, you had to send a message by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), text (931-220-1699), Facebook Messenger (to Boom Sports Media) or Twitter (DM @boomsportstn) and give us the reasons (in 100 words or less) why your team should be the Golly G’s TEAM OF THE MONTH for the month of August. Nominations had to be received by MIDNIGHT, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2019.
(3) Today we are posting the top three nominations. We had originally said we might have as many as five, but after reviewing the nominations we felt these stood out above the rest. Voting will take place from now through Thursday, September 12, ending at midnight.
THERE WILL BE NO RESTRICTIONS ON VOTING. You can vote as often as you like during that period!